We LOVE going to work and think you should too! Are you our next Untangler?
Untangle is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team. This is a great role for participating in open source projects. In this position, you will be an integral part of the development of world-class networking and security products. You will be on the team to drive discovery and evolution of new technologies to maximize development efficiency and performance. You will get the opportunity to work with our global team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our platform. Our people are doers and we make it happen!
Here's a Bit About Us:
Untangle® is an innovator in cybersecurity for the below-enterprise market, safeguarding people’s digital lives at home, work and on-the-go. Untangle’s integrated suite of software and appliances provides enterprise-grade capabilities and consumer-oriented simplicity, bringing a new generation of smart security to homes and small-to-mid-sized businesses.
You may be working out of our Gorgeous Boulder or Denver, CO office. Perhaps you’ll be working in our Sunny San Jose, CA office or maybe Snowy Nevada, Desert Arizona or Happening Boston? We offer location choices in a dynamic, fun work environment where the snacks are plentiful and the walls are bright. We even provide weekly catered-in lunches - YUM! Of course, we offer all the benefits you’d expect, like medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account options, and 401(k). As an Untangler, you'll enjoy...
Generous paid time off: 18 days of PTO and 11 paid holidays
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401K program with matching
- Company-paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth
- Free catered lunches
- Stock option equity participation
What You'll Do:
• Develop novel and innovative security technologies
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and develop new features and enhancements
• Fix bugs and improve system performance
• Make a difference!
What You'll Need:
• Experience working in software engineering
• Experience in developing systems for high reliability and scalability
• Understanding of network management and security
It'll Be Great If You Have:
• Proficiency in TCP/IP network communication protocol
• Experience with C
• Experience prototyping new tools and technologies
• Experience in shell scripting
Your Wheelhouse Must Include:
• BS or above degree in a STEM field
• Passion and aptitude for learning new technologies
• Ability to work in an agile environment with limited requirements
• Ability to handle multiple scheduled and unscheduled deliverables
• Ability to work with limited supervision with a globally-distributed team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organized code base
Bonus Points if: You share a link to a project you're proud of or your GitHub
Did you hear about some of our many accolades, including:
• Cyber Defense Magazine - 2019 Best Product in the Firewall category, & Market Leader in the Unified Threat Management category
• Ed Tech Digest - 2019 Winner in networking, IT connectivity or access solutions for NG Firewall
• Info Security - 2019 Gold Winner for Integrated Security and UTM for NG Firewall version 14.0
• Spiceworks #1 Best Content Filtering Appliance
• Spiceworks #1 Best Software Firewall