Support Technician Analyst 2 - Cybersecurity
Do you have amazing sleuthing skills?
Are you our next Untangler?
If Sherlock is your middle name and you love a good puzzle, send us your skill set and let's investigate together! The Untangle customer support team seeks an energized trouble-shooter who is committed to make an impact with our customers. Are you an enthusiastic, detail-oriented Support Technician with a passion to help customers? If you have network security and support experience and are looking to learn and grow in a role, this position is for you. This is a full-time, permanent position located in Arvada, Colorado.
This is not your standard drone/high turnover tech support job. The team consists of highly motivated, smart, hard working folks with a sense of humor. We believe the person answering the phone should completely understand our product and be able to solve the customer’s problem 99% of the time.... with a smile. Our solutions and smiles transmit through emails, telephones, and even osmosis. Integrate with our team and join our Fun-tangle Family.
Here's a Bit About Us:
You’ll be working in beautiful Arvada, Colorado. We offer a dynamic, fun work environment where the snacks are plentiful and the walls are bright. It's a high-energy atmosphere of reliable bold products disrupting the networking industry.
- Competitive base comp + uncapped commission + additional spiffs
- Generous paid time off: 18 days of PTO and 11 paid holidays
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401K program with matching
- Company-paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth
- Free catered lunches
- Stock option equity participation
Untangle® is an innovator in cybersecurity for the below-enterprise market, safeguarding people’s digital lives at home, work and on-the-go. Untangle’s integrated suite of software and appliances provides enterprise-grade capabilities and consumer-oriented simplicity, bringing a new generation of smart security to homes and small-to-mid-sized businesses. Our headquarters are right in the heart of Silicon Valley in downtown San Jose, California.
Are you a sleuther with the following?
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Have a pleasant, patient and welcoming attitude
- Strong decision making and analytical abilities
- Detail orientated
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well within a team
Would you like to be our answer person, relaying solutions to make a positive impact to someone's day? If so, you'll be doing the following for us:
- Provide technical support for a variety of Untangle network security products
- Provide customer training, system optimization, system conversions
- Create and maintain online documentation
- Recognize, document and alert the supervisor of trends in customer calls.
- Recommend process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
We need you to have:
- Advanced understanding of networking (IP routing, Port, Protocols)
- Ability to communicate and empathize with all levels of customers - executives, end-users, admins
- 2-3 years of experience in a customer support/help desk capacity
- Advanced understanding of network and computer hardware and software interconnectivity
- Knowledge of all operating systems
- Knowledge or routers, switches, and firewalls
- Strong understanding of IP network/subnet addressing
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Experience managing Linux systems from the the command line
- Experience diagnosing network related issues
- Excellent on-time and attendance record
- Must be able to be part of rotating on-call schedule
It'll Be Great If You Have:
- 5+ years experience providing technical support in a B2B organization
- Previous experience with Zendesk
- Strong knowledge of OSPF, BGP, VOIP, VRRP, and other protocols
Did you hear about some of our many accolades, including:
- Cyber Defense Magazine - 2018 Best Product in the Firewall category, Hot Company in the Unified Threat Management category
- Sweeping four categories in 2018 Global excellence Awards
- Stevie Awards - 2018 Gold Winner in Best New Product or Service of the year - Software - Network Security Solution
- Government Security Awards “The Govies” for 2018 – Gold Winner in Network Security for Untangle NG Firewall
- Spiceworks #1 Best Content Filtering Appliance
- Spiceworks #1 Best Software Firewall
Check us out at: www.untangle.com