Lead Development Representative - LDR
Are you a Great Gardener? Untangle, a leader in Security Network Management for small and medium-sized businesses, is seeking a highly-motivated individual with Exceptional Cultivation Skills to join our Sales team. Can you unearth a great lead?
This is a fast-paced, high-energy role, so thinking on your feet is a must. You will be responsible for growing inbound leads generated by our marketing programs along with outbound prospecting for new strategic sales initiatives. This position is a great opportunity for someone looking to build their sales skills by learning to prioritize and qualify a high volume of inbound leads and prospect for new business in a growing $2B market. You will be making 30-45 calls per day to mid- and large-sized companies, so being organized is crucial.
You will proactively follow up with customers who have expressed interest in an Untangle solution. Your primary responsibility is to confirm the prospect’s ability to buy for the Untangle sales team. This includes determining their project, budget, authority, need, and time frame, matching them to the Untangle solution.
We’re looking for fired up self-starters who want to pursue a career in sales. If you’re a go-getter who wants to move up quickly, this is your foot in the door.
- You will carry a monthly quota of Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) for contributing to the pipeline
- Qualify inbound MQLs to produce a consistent flow of opportunities for the Sales team
- Crisply articulate Untangle's solution benefits on the phone and in email
- Identify the end user's needs and propose appropriate next steps
- Identify and engage key decision makers
- Set-up a teleconference between the end-user and pre-sales support or sales reps
- Prospect key accounts and curate cold lists from marketing
- Professionally pitch Untangle's value propositions
- Work with Sales to facilitate product evaluations and assist with deal closure
- Minimum of 1 year in a business or sales development role with quota
- Experience pitching high tech products and services is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outgoing, personable, and professional demeanor when interacting with customers and prospects
- Experience using a comprehensive sales CRM (Salesforce.com, NetSuite,etc.)
- Superb organization skills and time management
- BA/BS degree
- Experience pitching or selling SaaS solutions
- Familiarity with data platforms, such as Pardot
Untangle is an innovator in cybersecurity products designed specifically for the below-enterprise market, safeguarding businesses, home offices, nonprofits, schools and governmental organizations. Untangle’s integrated suite of software and appliances provides enterprise-grade capabilities and consumer-oriented simplicity to organizations with limited IT resources. Untangle’s award-winning network security solutions are trusted by over 40,000 customers around the world.
You'll be working on-site in our sunny downtown San Jose, California headquarters. We're also in beautiful Colorado and have several home offices across the nation. We offer a dynamic, fun work environment along with all the benefits you’d expect like medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account options and 401(k) with matching. Wednesdays lunches are an added perk!
We're proud of our many accolades, including:
- ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards – 2017 Silver Winner in Best Network Security Solution for Untangle NG Firewall
- CODiE Awards – 2017 Winner – Best Network Security Solution
- American Business Awards – 2017 Bronze Winner in Best New Product of the Year
- Government Security Awards “The Govies” for 2017 – Gold Winner in Network Security for Untangle NG Firewall
- 2016 Inc. 5000 fastest growing private companies in America
- 2016 Global Excellence Awards – Gold Winner, Product or Service Excellence of the Year – Firewalls
- 2016 Cyber Defense Magazine Infosec Editor's Choice for Firewall & VPN Appliances
- 2016 SC Awards - Finalist for "Best SME Security Solution"
- Best in Biz Awards 2015 - Silver winner in Most Customer Friendly Company of the Year – Small Category
- Deloitte's 2015 Technology Fast 500 - Ranked # 169 fastest growing cos. in N.A.
- Silicon Valley Business Journal 2015 Fast Private List
- Spiceworks #1 Best Content Filtering Appliance
Spiceworks #1 Best Software Firewall