Technical Support Analyst 1
Have fun being an Untangler!! The Untangle customer support team seeks an enthusiastic, detail-oriented Support Technician with a passion to help customers. If you have network security and support experience and are looking to learn and grow in a role, then this position is for you. This is a full-time, permanent position located in Arvada, Colorado.
This is not your standard drone/high turnover tech support job. The team consists of highly motivated, smart, hard working individuals. We believe that the person answering the phone should completely understand the product and be able to solve a customer’s problem 99% of the time.
Job Related Personal Characteristics:
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Has a pleasant, patient and friendly attitude.
- Strong decision making and analytical abilities.
- Strong orientation to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well within a team
Answer phone and online customer interactions
- Provide technical support for a variety of Untangle network security products
- Provide customer training, system optimization, system conversions
- Create and maintain online documentation
- Recognize, document and alert the supervisor of trends in customer calls.
- Recommend process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with online ticketing systems
- Advanced understanding of networking (IP routing, Port, Protocols)
- 2+ years of experience in a customer support/help desk capacity
- Knowledge of all OS’s
- Manage Linux systems from the command line
- 5+ years experience providing technical support in a B2B organization
- Previous experience with Zendesk
Untangle makes an integrated suite of security software and appliances with enterprise-grade capabilities and consumer-oriented simplicity. Untangle’s award-winning software is trusted by over 400,000 customers, protecting nearly 5 million people, their computers and networks. Untangle is committed to putting its transparently priced software directly in the hands of its users for evaluation via free download. With this try-before-you-buy approach, Untangle enables organizations to take control of their systems within minutes and at no risk. Untangle is headquartered in San Jose, California.