Inside Sales Representative
We work hard and play harder! Come play with us. Apply today!
Untangle, a leader in Security Network Management is seeking a hungry, experienced sales rep. Use your killer sales skills to close qualified inbound leads developed by our marketing activities. With the launch of our Company’s centralized management console, you have the tools to grow, land, and expand our existing install base by adding appliances that can be managed from a single cloud-based location! If you think you are the one to make a difference driving our business to new heights, then read on.
This position is for someone who is highly independent, a self-starter, and is able to manage priorities in order to achieve and exceed our sales plans. You should be knowledgeable of the firewall/filtering space and comfortable selling to all levels of an organization. You will be responsible for each step of the sales process from discovery to close. We’re looking for “hunters”, not “farmers”.
In this inside sales role, successful candidates periodically need to think outside the box to meet their quotas. You will be required to not only be well-versed on our solution, but maintain baseline knowledge of trends, funding sources and processes.
- Engage in solution-centered dialogue with key decision-makers to discover their particular needs and goals
- Nurture leads and interest through email, phone, and social prospecting
- Facilitate successful customer meetings and demo presentations
- Stay on top of market trends and changes, be aware of new technology and how it plays a role with or against Untangle
- Educate customers on technical requirements, pricing, training, and successful implementation of the product during and after the sales process
- Follow up after sale to achieve referrals, grow business, and ensure customer satisfaction ratings
- Successfully collaborate with the renewal team to achieve a strong rate of retention
- Create and execute strategic sales plans in conjunction with management
- Communicate customer feedback to company to assist in product planning
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years sales experience required
- Proven track record of success in technology sales
- Consistently meets or exceeds sales quota
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Understanding the landscape and current needs of IT buyers
- Comfortable with demonstrating and presenting technology products
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com or equivalent is a must
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Untangle is an innovator in cybersecurity products designed specifically for the below-enterprise market, safeguarding businesses, home offices, nonprofits, schools and governmental organizations. Untangle’s integrated suite of software and appliances provides enterprise-grade capabilities and consumer-oriented simplicity to organizations with limited IT resources. Untangle’s award-winning network security solutions are trusted by over 40,000 customers around the world.
You’ll be working right in the heart of downtown San Jose, California at our headquarters. We offer a dynamic, fun work environment where the snacks are plentiful and the walls are bright. Of course, we offer all the benefits you’d expect like medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account options and 401(k).
‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards – 2017 Silver Winner in Best Network Security Solution for Untangle NG Firewall
CODiE Awards – 2017 Winner – Best Network Security Solution
American Business Awards – 2017 Bronze Winner in Best New Product of the Year
Government Security Awards “The Govies” for 2017 – Gold Winner in Network Security for Untangle NG Firewall
2016 Inc. 5000 fastest growing private companies in America
2016 Global Excellence Awards – Gold Winner, Product or Service Excellence of the Year – Firewalls
2016 Cyber Defense Magazine Infosec Editor's Choice for Firewall & VPN Appliances
2016 SC Awards - Finalist for "Best SME Security Solution"
Best in Biz Awards 2015 - Silver winner in Most Customer Friendly Company of the Year – Small Category
Deloitte's 2015 Technology Fast 500 - Ranked # 169 fastest growing cos. in N.A.
Silicon Valley Business Journal 2015 Fast Private List
Spiceworks #1 Best Content Filtering Appliance
Spiceworks #1 Best Software Firewall