Tech Support Analyst 1
Are you our next Untangler?? Do you have amazing sleuthing skills?
If Sherlock is your middle name and you love a good puzzle, send us your skill set and let's investigate together! The Untangle customer support team seeks an enthusiastic, detail-oriented Support Technician with a passion to help customers. If you have network security and support experience and are looking to learn and grow in a role, this position is for you. This is a full-time, permanent position located in Arvada, Colorado.
No, nope, nah, this is not your standard drone/high turnover tech support job. The team consists of highly motivated, smart, hard working folks with a sense of humor. We believe the person answering the phone should completely understand our product and be able to solve the customer’s problem 99% of the time.... with a smile. Our solutions and smiles transmit through emails, telephones, and even osmosis. Integrate with our team and join our Fun-tangle Family.
Are you a sleuther with the following characteristics?
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Have a pleasant, patient and welcoming attitude
- Strong decision making and analytical abilities
- Detail orientated with a strong nose for sniffing
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well within a team
Would you like to be our answer person, relaying solutions to make a positive impact to someone's day? If so, you'll be doing the following for us:
- Provide technical support for a variety of Untangle network security products
- Provide customer training, system optimization, system conversions
- Create and maintain online documentation
- Recognize, document and alert the supervisor of trends in customer calls.
- Recommend process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with online ticketing systems
- Advanced understanding of networking (IP routing, Port, Protocols)
- 2+ years of experience in a customer support/help desk capacity
- Knowledge of all OS’s
- Manage Linux systems from the command line
- 5+ years experience providing technical support in a B2B organization
- Previous experience with Zendesk
Untangle makes an integrated suite of security software and appliances with enterprise-grade capabilities and consumer-oriented simplicity. Untangle’s award-winning software is trusted by over 400,000 customers, protecting nearly 5 million people, their computers and networks. Untangle is committed to putting its transparently priced software directly in the hands of its users for evaluation via free download. With this try-before-you-buy approach, Untangle enables organizations to take control of their systems within minutes and at no risk. Untangle is headquartered in San Jose, California.